Verbatim Double Layer Discs provide a massive 8.5GB (2.6 for 8cm products) storage capacity. The double layer of recording has been made possible by the creation of a new substrate layer that sits in between each recording layer, that allows the laser beam to record on both layers. Once the first layer has been recorded, the laser re-focused to record on the second layer.
- 8.5 GbyteÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s of storage capacity on a single-sided disc--No need to flip the disc
- Largest compatible DVD back-up and data archiving format for computer drives
- Record 4 hours of DVD quality television and video (16 hours of VHS quality)
- Supported by high speed Double Layer writers, up to 10X, burn 8.5GB in approximately 12-15 minutes
- Compatible with DVD+R DL drives from Sony, Philips, LiteOn and other leading manufacturers
- Ideal for archiving home movies