Blu-ray Disc is the next-generation optical disc format that was developed to enable recording and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data.
The Blu-ray BD-R 2x Dual Layer has a storage capacity of 50GB with 2x writing speed as well as extremely long recording times of up to 270 minutes (or 4 hours of HDTV) offering even more capacity along with outstanding burner compatibility and a long service life.
Blu-ray uses a blue-violet laser to read and write data while current optical disc technologies such as DVD use a red laser. The shorter wavelengths of the Blu-ray technology make it possible to record more data on the same space. These discs are safeguarded by Verbatim's super hard coat which protects against everyday wear and tear. With the rapid growth of HDTV, Blu-ray will meet the consumer demand for recording HD programming and is expected to replace VCRs and DVD recorders over the coming years.
Features & Benefits:
- Supported by major electric companies (Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic, Samsung.)
- Recordable format for HDTV recording and PC data storage
- Utilises a blue-violet laser to read and write data allowing for more data storage on a disc with the same size as a CD/DVD
- Wide power margin of Verbatim BD-media ensures superior drive compatibility
- Super hard coat protects data from scratches
- BD-R recording hardware is required for recording
- Blu-ray player can also be used for BD-R media playback
No posts found