Take instant messaging with friends and family to a new level of sight and sound.
Share and swap photos in real time with your friends and family using Windows Live MessengerÃ¢â‚¬â€right in the video call window!
Windows LiveÃ¢â€žÂ¢ Call Button
It's simple to start video calls. One touch of the Windows Live Call Button lets you see who's online, and you're on your way to making a video call.
Add special effects and control your webcamÃ¢â‚¬â€all from the Windows Live Messenger window.
Upload photos to your blog on Windows LiveÃ¢â€žÂ¢ Spaces with any of your photos at the simple click of your mouse.
Superior Video Quality
See the smiles clearly with 640 x 480 pixel video resolution.
High Definition Photos
High Definition photos show you in the best light.
The built-in microphone automatically picks up your voice with remarkable clarity.
Optimized for Windows Live Messenger
Seamlessly integrated with Windows Live Messenger for easy setup and use.
Automatic Face-Tracking Software*
Move around without disappearing from the screenÃ¢â‚¬â€advanced software keeps your face front and center.
Discover a fun way to express yourself with these entertaining video effects built into the LifeCam dashboard.
Universal Attachment Base
ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a snap to attach the LifeCam to any monitor.
Pan and Tilt
The pan and tilt functionality make it a snap to capture the big picture, however you want to see it.
Flexible Six-Foot Cable
The long, flexible cable gives you more room to move.
Up To 30 Frames Per Second
Capture up to 30 frames per second, which means the video images you see are smooth and seamless.
Automatic audio control for enhanced clarity.
Broad IM Compatibility
Works with: Windows LiveÃ¢â€žÂ¢, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Microsoft Office Communicator, Skype.
2X Digital Zoom
The zoom delivers realistic, up-close-and-personal video, so you can see the contours of every smile.
For a Microsoft WindowsÃ‚Â®-based computer:
- Operating System: Windows VistaÃ‚Â® or WindowsÃ‚Â® XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Hard Drive: 300-700 MB free
- Connectivity: USB 1.1 port or higher (2.0 recommended)
- Other: Intel PentiumÃ‚Â® III 550 MHz (Intel Pentium 4 1.4 GHz recommended) or higher, 256 MB of RAM or higher.
- CD-ROM drive.
- Display adapter capable of 16-bit color depth or higher, 2 MB or higher video memory.
- Broadband Internet access required; access fees may apply.
- Audio: Windows-compatible speakers or headphones.
- Internet functions (post to Windows LiveÃ¢â€žÂ¢ Spaces, send in e-mail, video calls) also require: Broadband (cable, DSL, or other), modem, Internet ExplorerÃ‚Â® 6 or later browser software (required for installation), 25 MB hard-drive space typically required (users can maintain other default Web browsers after installation), and access to the Internet through MSNÃ‚Â® or another Internet service provider (ISP).