This affordable flatbed all-in-one prints professional-quality color for a low cost per page. Productive and reliable, this all-in-one can help you stay on task at work or home.
Professional color, low cost
- Get the professional print quality you need for a low cost per page.
- Print three times more black pages and get a better value, using HP 901XL Black Officejet Ink cartridges.
- Produce fast-drying documents, using papers with the ColorLok® logo, and print fade-resistant documents.
- Get borderless printing when you produce documents, brochures, flyers and other materials.
Do it all for less
- Stay connected with built-in Ethernet and wireless networking, using the HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One.
- Get four-in-one functionality for an affordable price.
- Connect your all-in-one directly to a computer, using the included Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port.
The features you need to stay productive
- Print and Copy documents quickly—up to 28 ppm black and 22 ppm color.
- Easily capture documents and other materials and save them to a network, using impressive scanning features.
- Quickly send and receive faxes, and take advantage of Fax features that can help you stay productive.
- Reduce wasted paper by printing only the content you want, using HP Smart Web Printing.
- Save energy and print more responsibly, using an all-in-one that is ENERGY STAR qualified.
- Get free and easy recycling—cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.
- Save on paper, using the included junk-fax blocker on this HP Officejet all-in-one.
- All-in-one functions: Print, copy, scan, color fax
- Multitasking capability: Yes
- Print speed black (draft, letter): Up to 28 ppm
- Print speed color (draft, letter): Up to 22 ppm
- Print speed, laser comparable, black: Up to 6 ppm
- Print speed, laser comparable, color: Up to 4 ppm
- Page yield footnote: Average based on ISO/IEC 24711 or HP testing methodology and continuous printing. Actual yield varies considerably based on content of printed pages and other factors. Some ink from included cartridge is used to start up the printer. For details see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies
- Monthly duty cycle: Up to 3000 pages
- Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print resolution, black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi rendered dpi black
- Print speed footnote: After first page; see http://www.hp.com/go/inkjetprinter for details. Print speed may vary depending on the type of output.
- Print resolution, color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi optimized on select HP photo papers with 1200 x 1200 input dpi
- Paper handling standard,input: 100-sheet input tray, 20-sheet automatic document feeder
- Paper handling standard,output: 20-sheet output tray
- Envelope capacity: Up to 15 envelopes
- Envelope feeder: No
- Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper): None (not supported)
- Document finishing: Sheetfed
- Media sizes, standard: Letter, legal, executive, cards
- Media sizes, custom: 3 x 4 to 8.5 x 30 in
- Media types: Paper (inkjet, photo, plain), envelopes, cards, transparencies, iron-on transfers, HP premium media
- Media weight, recommende: 16 to 24 lb
- Memory, standard: 64 MB
- Memory, maximum: 64 MB
- Print languages, standard: HP PCL 3 GUI, HP PCL 3 enhanced
- Scanner type: Flatbed, ADF
- Scan resolution, optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Bit depth: 48-bit
- Scan size, maximum (flatbed): 8.5 x 11.7 in
- Automatic paper sensor: No
- Copy speed, black (copies per minute): Up to 28 cpm
- Copy speed, color (copies per minute): Up to 22 cpm
- Copy resolution, black: Up to 600 x 1200 dpi optimized on select HP photo papers with 600 scan dpi
- Copy resolution, color: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi optimized on select HP photo papers with 1200 x 1200 input dpi
- Copy reduce/enlarge settings: 25 to 400%
- Maximum number of copies: Up to 90 copies
- Fax transmission speed (seconds per page): 3 sec per page
- Fax memory: Up to 100 pages
- Fax note: Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
- Fax resolution, black (dots per inch): Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Speed dials, maximum number: Up to 99 numbers
- Auto redial: Yes
- Fax delayed sending: Yes
- Fax broadcast: 48 locations
- Junk fax barrier: Yes, requires Caller ID
- Polling: Yes
- Remote retrieval: No
- Fax forwarding: Yes
- Faxing: Yes, color
- Display: 1-line LCD (text)
- Memory Card Compatibility: None
- Borderless Printing: Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 215 x 610 mm)
- Connectivity, standard: 1 USB 2.0; Ethernet 10/100Base-T
- Connectivity, optional: None
Minimum system requirements
- PC: Microsoft® Windows® 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit)/2 GB RAM (64-bit), 1100 MB free hard disk space, Internet Explorer 8.0; Windows Vista®: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 512 MB RAM, 1150 MB free hard disk space, Internet Explorer 7.0; Windows® XP (32-bit) (SP1): Intel Pentium II or Celeron processor, 512 MB RAM, 790 MB free hard disk space, Internet Explorer 6.0; Windows® 7 Ready. For more information go to http://www.hp.com/go/windows7. Some features may not be available. For Windows® XP (SP1) Starter Edition, Windows Vista® Starter Edition, Windows® 7 Starter Edition, only the printer driver, scan driver and the Toolbox are available.
- Macintosh: Mac OS X v 10.4.11, v 10.5.6, v 10.6*: PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel Core processor, 256 MB memory, 500 MB free hard disk space; *Software is available for download from: http://www.hp.com/support
- Compatible operating systems: Microsoft® Windows® 7 x64*, Windows® 7*, Windows Vista® x64, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP Professional, Windows® XP Home; Mac OS X v 10.4.x; Mac OS X v 10.5, Mac OS X v 10.6**; Linux. *Windows® 7 Ready, ** Support information available from http://www.hp.com/support
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.07 x 15.81 x 8.53 in
- Weight: 13.03 lb
- Package weight: 17.93 lb
Power and operating requirements
- Power supply: Input voltage 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption: 17 watts maximum
- Power consumption (Active): 9.6 watts
- Power Consumption (Standby): 3.0 watts
- Power Consumption, Powersave: 2.8 watts
- Power Consumption (Manual-off): 0.4 watts
- Power consumption footnote: Power requirements are based on the country/region where the product is sold. Do not convert operating voltages or use with other voltages. Doing so might cause damage that would not be covered under the HP product warranty.
- Acoustic Pressure Emissions: 56 dB(A) (Draft printing)
- Acoustic power emissions: 7.0 B(A) (Draft printing)
- Operating temperature range: 59 to 90º F
- Recommended Operating humidity range: 15 to 85% RH
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified: Yes
- What's in the box: HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One; HP 901 Tri-color Officejet Ink cartridge (~360 pages); HP 901 Black Officejet Ink cartridge (~200 pages); Software CD; Set Up Poster; Fax Getting Started Guide; Wireless Getting Started Guide; power supply and power cord; phone cord. [Average based on ISO/IEC 24711 or HP testing methodology and continuous printing. Actual yield varies considerably based on content of printed pages and other factors. Some ink from included cartridge is used to start up the printer. For details see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies
- Cable included?: No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Software included: HP Solution Center, HP Smart Web Printing, OCR software by I.R.I.S, HP Document Manager 2.0, Yahoo! Toolbar customized for HP, Shop for HP Supplies